B&D Services bvba is a data controller of the personal data that you (the data subject) hand us. We collect following information:
- Name and first name
- Name and first name of your partner and/or travel companions
- Company name, -address, -VAT number
- Address (street, number, postal code, community/city, country)
- Date of birth (also of partner and/or travel companion)
- E-mail address
- License plate
- Fixed-, mobile- & fax-number
- Credit card details if needed for advanced payment or no-show guarantee
- wedding anniversary date
- room preferences (for example, but not limited to: direction, bed type, bathroom type,…)
- your IP-address
Information about your stay such as arrival and departure date, special requests, comments on service preferences including room preferences or other services used
Information you provide in relation to your marketing preferences or in the context of your participation in surveys, contests or promotions
All personal data will only be used in line of our normal commercial activity and executing our services. This follow the regulations of article 6 of the GDPR that describes the justified use of data by the data controller.
We need your data for the following reasons:
- The making of reservations in our systems
- The use of your personal data in the context of carrying out a contract concluded with you, usually consisting of a stay at the hotel.
- The ability to show identity documents when needed
- Identifying owners of vehicles on our parking lot
- To simplify and speed up communication with a (returning) guest
- To establish a base for all necessary and future communications
- To execute and process financial transactions (advanced payments, payments, refunds,…)
- The linking of different (room-)reservations for a shared balance due
- Sending news letters to guests/visitors/website visitors that subscribed for this or agreed to it
- Collecting (e-mail-) addresses with the purpose of communicating about promotions and newsletters
- Sending documents (confirmations, invoices, vouchers,…)
- To approach by means of contact by phone regarding a booking and other communication related to the normal company activities
- To make payments with given credit card details
- To be able to commercially put to use, for instance with birthdays or anniversaries
- To correctly make an invoice for the guest
- To be able to have proper customer service
- To use your contact information to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travellers to choose the accommodation that suits them best.
- Professional contact by phone, mail, e-mail, etc.
- If you have not finalised a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodation again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- Legal purposes: In certain cases, we may need to use your information to handle and resolve legal disputes, for regulatory investigations and compliance.
- Fraud detection and prevention: we may use your personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our services: finally, we use your personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal basis:
Performance of a Contract: The use of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we'll use your information to carry out our obligation to complete and administer that reservation under the contract that we have with you.
Legitimate Interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the best appropriate content for the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain direct marketing purposes. You can withdraw your consent anytime by contacting us at any of the addresses at the end of this Privacy Statement.
For all this used data, we’re obligated to work with different partners, servers & third parties. The input and handling of the data is strictly done by the general managers and the here for the trained and sensitized receptionists.
3. Digital Media
On hotel Villa Select’s website, all sorts of general visitors data are being stored, among which is the IP address of the used device, the time of retrieval and other data that your browser sends. This data is used for analyses of visitor and click behavior on the website. Hotel Villa Selectuses this information to improve the functioning of the website. This data is anonymized as much as possible and is not provided to third parties.
The company also has company pages on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram,… These platforms are only used for company communication and marketing purposes. As an involved data subject, you are fully free to choose to either or not follow us on these platforms.
You’re free to subscribe to our newsletter and this is fully based on your unforced consent. We take note of your permission in our database. The data you provided for our newsletter is being stored in our centralized database and could be used later on for our activities, based upon the legitimate interests of Hotel Villa Selectas a responsible data collector. You always have the ability to unsubscribe from our newsletter. However, unsubscribing does not automatically result in the removal of your data stored in our database.
Your personal data is processed at B&D Services bvba, Walckierstraat 7, 8660 De Panne, Belgium.
Hotel Villa Select will only provide your personal data to third parties if this is necessary for the execution of an engagement towards you, or to comply with a legal obligation.
Third-party services: We may use service providers to process your personal data strictly on our behalf. This has certain purposes, as was described earlier in this text. The services of third parties /data processors have an obligation of confidentiality and are not allowed to use your data for any other purposes.
We share data with third parties under the above principles with
Stardekk - Cubilis Baron Ruzettelaan 25, 8310 Brugge: Cubilis is a product of Stardekk. We use this service to allow you to make a reservation in a safe way or to look up availability and prices.
HTS – MOTICA: Hosting and storage of your data is located at MOTICA N.V., Schaarbeeklei 690, 1800 Vilvoorde, Belgium. This is our PMS- and cloud-contractor for the administration and handling of our reservations and invoicing.
SiteGround Spain S.L., Calle de Prim 19, 28004 Madrid, Spain takes care of our webhosting. It is the location of our website.
Google Business, hosts our e-mail server where also your mail will be processed.
BDO, Accent Business Park, Kwadestraat 153 - Box 5, 8800 Roeselare, Belgium is our auditor and takes care of the bookkeeping.
Worldline SA/NV, Haachtsesteenweg 1442, 1130 Brussel
worldline takes care of all our credit card transactions
No other third parties have access to your data, unless specifically obligated by law.
We will store your data for 10 more years after your latest visit/contact, following our data storage policy. After this period, the 10 year old and unused data will be irreversibly destroyed. All personal data that was stored for marketing- and service-update correspondence will however remain stored until you inform us of your demand to no longer receive this information.
6. Minimal data processing
The personal data we collect is supposed to be correct and will only serve for our legitimate purposes. We limit the collecting of your personal data to a minimum which is needed for our normal and legitimate functioning as a company.
7. Automatic processing and profiling
Hotel Villa Selectdoes not do profiling, nor is there any automated processing of your personal data to create a profile of the data subjects.
Your rights as a data subject are:
- The right to view and inspect your data
- The right to change your data
- The right to delete all that is your data
- The right to demand data transfer
- The right to objection
- The right to limit the further processing of your data